Before you attempt a "Ten Things" article, make sure you know...
9. Ten Things. You should actually know ten of them. Don't entice me with a headline of "Ten Things You Need to Know about Men with Beards" and then only give me nine. I didn't ask for this.
8. At least one college freshman will post it on her Facebook wall.
"So me! #7, #9"
7. Even worse - they'll involve innocent bystanders.
"OMG. This is US @Holly @Jess @Shelby"
6. Most of your "ten things" aren't special.
"When we see you after a bad day, we might be irritable and not want to talk." This is everybody. This is not exclusive to Outgoing Introverts. Calm down.
5. Your gifs are good.
I'll give you that. A+ work.
4. We've covered most everything by this point.
"6 Things You Need to Know Before Marrying a Weird Girl." "9 Things You Should Know about Women Who Wear Stilettos." "14 Things You Need to Know About Dating Someone Who is Technically Classified as a Little Person But Doesn't Like Labels."
3. Someone who is either 13 or 43 will make an off-topic comment on it.
"10 Things You Should Know about Cat Ladies." "Dogs are better."
2. Why should we trust you?
What qualifies you as an expert of what we should know about men who wear flannel? Who gave you permission to speak on behalf of this population? Are you single?
1. I'm still going to read it.
Hell yeah. This is a learning opportunity and an excellent way to procrastinate on my tax returns.
Follow Girl, Interrupting on Facebook to see how an expert handles a top ten list.